The second Hobie Fishing World Championship presented by Daiwa will be held in Austin, Texas, November 4-9, 2012. The competition will include top anglers from across the globe that will compete for kayak fishing’s most coveted prize.
The competition will be held on two of Texas’ well known fisheries - Lake Bastrop and Fayette County Reservoir each hold the quality fish to make a great event.
Air temperatures average a low of 51°F (11°C) and a high of 82°F (28°C). Seasonal cool fronts can drop temperatures swiftly in the fall season. Light jackets and rain gear will be necessary./
Hobie Fishing Worlds jerseys will be provided and all anglers are expected to wear them during tournament competition. All anglers will fish from identically rigged kayaks provided and outfitted by Hobie, Lowrance® Electronics, and Ram® Mounting Systems. Additional gear-mounted to the kayak must be approved by the tournament director and the IHFA.
- The tournament format is a traditional CPR (Catch Photograph and Release) format in which each competitor will enter their three best lengths in aggregate each day. The angler with the highest cumulative length over the three day period will be crowned champion.
- Prizes also are awarded to the top team representatives as well. Each country will be represented by at least one two-man team and combined measurements will be added to determine the team champion.
- Anglers who qualified in Australia will be notified by Hobie Cat Australasia.
- No Fishing- Off limits after August 15, 2012
- Official Practice- Monday Nov 5th 2012, Session - 7am - 2pm
- Briefing and registration 6:00pm, Sunday, Nov 4th, at Austin Canoe and Kayak
- Kayak Allocation will be on site
- Format- Three session combined bag, Catch Photograph and Release 3 largest Fish per session
- Weigh in On-sight
- No Go Zone Anglers must adhere to navigable waters and may not cross a land boundary.
- Event entry- $100.00 US dollars
- More information- Hobie Cat USA +1 760-758-9100 x 606
- All structural lodging at Oak Thicket State Park has been reserved from the 5th - 9th November. Trailer sites are also available.
- Efficiency Cabins 4 Efficiencies sleeping, 2 queen beds , cabins have heat and A/C, bed and bath linens, satellite TV, coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave and bathrooms. There are picnic tables, grills and campfire rings outside. $50/ person/ night.
- Two-Bedroom Cabins 2 Two-bedroom cabins sleeping up to 3 people, two queen beds plus fold out couch, these cabins have heat and A/C, bed and bath linens, and satellite TV and bathrooms. They include their own kitchenettes for cooking indoors and each are stocked with coffee maker, small refrigerator and microwave. There are picnic tables, grills and campfire rings located outside. $55.00/ person/ night.
- Bunkhouse Cabins 2 Bunkhouse cabins are available, sleeping up to fourteen people each. These cabins have heat and A/C, bed and bath linens, satellite TV and bathrooms. coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave and bathrooms. They include their own kitchenettes for cooking indoors and each are stocked with coffee maker, small refrigerator and microwave. There are picnic tables, grills and campfire rings located outside. $ 20/ person/ night.
- About the area
Subject to change without notification